Monday, March 7, 2016

Why did this happen?

(This is a personal post from one of our members.)

Before I finally started to listen to a S.A. sponsor and follow his directions to work the 12 Steps of the S.A. program, I was very interested in figuring out the answers to my questions about why I was addicted to lust and why I kept doing these things that in the end caused me pain and despair. I thought it was important to figure out "why" because I was still under the delusion that if I could figure it out, then I could do something about it. But that meant that I still had not really admitted and accepted that I am a sexaholic (Step One) and that I really am powerless over lust in any form. And I wasn't ready for this program until I finally got to that point of really admitting Step One was completely true for me.

The answer to the "why" questions are rather simple for me today. The answer is that I am a sexaholic, and I am not God. That's really all there is to it.

And that means that it would be essential for me to learn how to rightly connect with God in an attitude of complete surrender. And that happens for me as I work the 12 Steps of S.A. the way my sponsor suggested I do it.